- Book Aid International
- Provides books to libraries, hospitals, refugee camps and schools in order to support literacy, education, training and publishing in over 40 countries around the world. Concentrates over 85% of its resources on 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)
- Assists developing countries to realise locally owned sustainable development by harnessing the potential of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications
- INASP. Its mission is to enhance the flow of information within and between countries, especially those with less developed systems of publication and dissemination.
- Public Library of Science
- PLoS. Non-profit organization of scientists committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature freely accessible to scientists and to the public around the world. Promotion of free access online journals and eprints archives.
- The Open Knowledge Foundation
- Not-for-profit organization promoting open knowledge. Includes information on its various database projects, events, a blog, and how to get involved and provide support.