- Death in Cyberspace
- A social and cultural analysis of the development of funeral and mourning practices on the internet.
- Death, Life and the Question of Identity
- Explores the way identity is affected by the inevitability of death.
- Encyclopedia of Death and Dying
- Covers all aspects of death and dying - biological, medical, social, sociological, psychological, religious, and philosophical.
- Is there Death after Life?
- Asks if death is a key unlocking the door to a mystical afterlife, saying God has the answer.
- Kearl's Guide to Sociological Thanatology
- Articles and resources about the sociology of death and dying.
- Last Meals by R. A. Barrington: Celebrate Your Freedom
- R. A. Barrington essay compares and contrasts the experiences of death-row prisoners with the prospect of death by terrorism.