- Anthropological Center for Training
- A research group at Indiana University, Bloomington that focuses on the human dimensions of global environment change. Features information on training, an online newsletter, and provides a list of publications.
- Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity
- An outreach program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis that offers instruction to people of all ages in both cultural and physical anthropology. Site features lesson plans and educational resources.
- FAQs for Sci.Anthropology
- Frequently asked questions for the Usenet newsgroup. Offers basic information on the field.
- NSF Anthropology Program
- The National Science Foundation's research initiative to promote basic scientific research on the causes and consequences of human social and cultural variation. Features grants and awards information, staff directory, and history of the program.
- Commercial consulting firm specializing in Japanese business culture and language. Features publication excerpts, short articles, links, and contact information.
- Anthro Tech, LLC
- Provides web resources for the anthropological community and general public. Services include Web site design and a searchable directory of related resources.
- The Bureau of Applied Research in Anthropology (BARA) is research institution at the University of Arizona that seeks to apply social science knowledge toward an enhanced understanding of real-world problems. Offers training information, descriptions of publications and projects.
- Cultural Systems Analysis Group
- University of Maryland College Park research group facilitates social change through community-based evaluation and assessment . Features mission statement, publications, profiles and contacts.Ä
- PRAXIS Research Associates
- A social science consulting firm specializing in aboriginal issues in Canada. Offers staff profiles, descriptions of projects and research services, as well as contact information and a list of clients.
- Department of Anthropology: University of Vienna
- Features information on the research programs in human anthropology, human ecology, social anthropology and human ethology.
- Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
- Contact information and departmental overviews of a multidisciplinary organization in Leipzig, Germany.
- The Biological Anthropology Web
- An interactive site for discussions and information on the biological and cultural aspects of human variation and adaptation.
- Anthropology Resource Base
- Resources for indigenous cultures around the world provided by NativeWeb.
- Birth of Symbolic Thought
- Article by Licia Filingeri discussing the emergence of the ability to symbolize.
- Carpe Noctem - Seize the Night
- Offers a common connection between conspiracy theories, serial killers, Mafia, hauntings, and military leaders, with biographies and articles exploring the science of fear and the irrational.
- Cultural Islands
- An essay by Thomas Hylland Eriksen that critically examines the metaphors which have underlied anthropological theory and research.
- Cultures Observations Database
- Open content project collecting observations made by travelers on behavior in other cultures. Features project description, technical details, and contacts.