The Science Wars
- Alan Sokal on the "Social Text Affair"
- Read all about the hoax in which Sokal submitted a bogus article to a humanities journal, including the article, the aftermath, and his motivation.
- Debunking the Conventional Wisdom About the Science Wars
- Essays by mathematician Gabriel Stolzenberg arguing that allegations made by Alan Sokal and others of relativist and postmodernist 'science-abuse' in the humanities and social sciences are based largely on hostile misreadings and pop metaphysics.
- The Bogdanoff Affair
- John Baez' take on this "reverse Sokal" hoax, where meaningless papers were published in physics journals. This may or may not have actually been intended as a hoax.
- The Sokal Hoax: At Whom Are We Laughing?
- Analysis of some of the statements of prominent physicists drawing analogies between physics concepts and societal and philosophical issues. Suggests that physicists don't entirely have their own house in order.
- VIDEA conference abstract hoax
- Giberrish abstracts prepared and accepted for a technical conference on computer visualization, 1995.