Science and Environment
- Web Earthquakes: South America
- Provided by U.S. Geological Survey National Earthquake Information Center.
- The Pilcomayo river basin study: Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay
- Describes a study undertaken in 1975-1977 to find ways to regulate and develop the Pilcomayo River and its 272,000 km2 trinational basin.
- The Transport and Fate of Heavy Metals Within the Pilcomayo River Basin, Bolivia
- Research on the transport and environmental impacts of mine effluents in Bolivia and downstream in Argentina and Paraguay.
- Chelus fimbriatus, by William H. Espenshade III, an article about these turtles. They occur in northern South America, including both the Orinoco River and Amazon River basins.