- Design Archive Online
- Review twentieth century magazine design and photography with biographical profiles of designers. A project of the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Parkland College - GDS 102 Graphic Design History
- Review an online course given by the college's Fine and Applied Arts Department in Champaign, Illinois. Survey twelve major graphic styles since 1890. Includes timeline and links to influential designers.
- The History of PostScript
- Learn the story of modern PostScript technology and its impact on the publishing industry.
- Timeline for Graphic Design History
- View a timeline of significant events from the start of the Industrial Revolution in the 1820's to the use of web browsers in the 1990's.
- Emigre Magazine: Interview with Rudy VanderLans
- Questions and answers selected from interviews with Rudy VanderLans that have appeared in various small underground fanzines and websites.