- Charity Navigator
- Guide to help donors make intelligent charitable giving decisions. Offers financial ratings of thousands of American nonprofit organizations and charities.
- ProPublica - Nonprofit Explorer
- In April 2013, the IRS released structured data culled from the tax returns of almost 616,000 tax-exempt organizations. Use this database to find organizations and see executive compensation, revenue, expenses, and 990 tax filings going back as far as 2001.
- ABCNEWS.com Investigation : In Giving to Charity, Let the Donor Beware
- There is little regulation as to how much money must be used for a charity's stated cause, and con men and aggressive businessmen are taking advantage of this. (July 18, 2003)
- BBC Inside Out - Charity Scam
- Exposes a company, Nightingale, that claims to collect for charity. The company targets bars and pubs of the south of England. (March 03, 2003)