- CVoiceControl is a speech recognition system that allows the user to connect spoken commands to Unix commands.
- Open Mind Speech Project
- Speech recognition project for Linux. Designed so that it can be easily integrated into any application or window manager as well as the KDE and Ggnome desktop environments.
- The Festival Speech Synthesis System
- Festival is a general multi-lingual speech synthesis system developed at CSTR. It offers a full text to speech system with various APIs, as well an environment for development and research of speech synthesis techniques.
- The MBROLA Project
- Multi-lingual text to speech synthesis. Free multi platform software download for research purposes.