- An Investigation of Documents from the World Wide Web
- Paper by Woodruff, Aoki, Brewer, Gauthier, and Rowe describing their analysis of over 2.6 million HTML documents collected by their Inktomi Web crawler. The authors examined many characteristics of these documents, including size, number and types of tags and attributes, file extensions, and links. [PDF] (May 01, 1996)
- Web 2.0
- Essay by entrepreneur, programmer, and investor Paul Graham on the three elements of Web 2.0: AJAX, democracy, and treating users well. (November 2005)
- Wikipedia: Web 2.0
- Encyclopedia article, including background, overview, and criticisms of the Web 2.0 term and concept.
- developerWorks Interviews: Tim Berners-Lee
- An interview with Tim Berners-Lee, pioneer of the World Wide Web, who views Web 2.0 as simply a continuing evolution of the system. (August 22, 2006)