- Hi-Tech Solutions
- Offer systems to detect and read vehicle license plates for parking, access control, traffic surveillance, law enforcement and security applications.
- The CAPTCHA Project
- Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart. Includes demonstrations, research papers, and news.
- Dendral and Congen
- Developed in 1980, The DENDRAL Project dealt with analysis of molecular structure in organic chemistry. The chemical and physical properties of compounds are determined not just by their constituent atoms, but by the arrangement of these atoms as well. The CONGEN program implements the general (acyclic and cyclic) generation algorithm in a system that allows a chemist to constrain its enumeration in a variety of ways.
- ESFM: Prolog Expert System for Forestry Management
- A small expert system developed by Steve Jones of Reading University in 1988 for forestry management. The rules are Prolog clauses. Inference is depth-first, backward-chaining, with no explanations of why ESFM asked a question nor how it came to a conclusion.
- TMYCIN: Medical Reasoning System
- Developed by Novak and Causey in 1988, TMYCIN is a medical reasoning system developed at the University of Texas, Austin, using EMYCIN as a model.