Syleham Mill
Edit Page
Report
Scan day: 20 February 2014 UTC
-4
Virus safety - good
Description: The history of the water powered Syleham Mill in Norfolk, UK, built originally as a corn mill in 1779 and converted into a textile mill in the 1840's. In 1914 cloth production was terminated and the mill was transformed into a garment manufacturing factory which remained in operation under various owners until 1989.
Norfolk Mills - Syleham watermill Syleham Mill was a three storeys high and built of weatherboard over a brick base with a pantiled roof. In 1779, when insured by William Mann, it was described as brick and tiled, which means it was probably a much smaller structure. In the 1830s the mill had two wheels powering six sets of stones using a 6 foot head of water. During the 1860s a steam engine was installed along with the characteristic tall chimney.
Size: 452 chars
Contact Information
Email: —
Phone&Fax: —
Address: —
Extended: —
WEBSITE Info
Page title: | Norfolk Mills - Syleham watermill |
Keywords: | |
Description: | |
IP-address: | 87.127.240.124 |